RMCGA Chief Judge
Position Title: RMCGA Chief Judge Reports To: RMCGA Board of Directors
Background: RMCGA serves as the governing body for the WGI contest in Colorado.
Job Description:The Chief Judge is a position that is appointed by the RMCGA board. This is a paid position that will run from September through April. The Chief Judge will be paid $500 a month for a total of 7 months. The Chief Judge is expected to attend at least 90% of local shows from January to April and RMCGA membership meetings in May and November. If you are unable to attend all shows, a delegate will be assigned to act as the Chief Judge in your absence.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with the RMCGA Vice President to provide training opportunities to improve the local pool of judges
- Making contact with, and scheduling, guest judges
- Collaborating with the RMCGA Board to set the judging panels for the season
- Handling judge and instructor questions during the season
- Chief judge should be able to put individual judges on IEP’s (individual education plans) for further development.
- Responding to all weekly judges surveys in a timely manner.
- Utilize annual judges feedback from the membership when scheduling judges for future events.
- Chief judge us responsible for keeping judges current WGI trends and judging philosophies.
- Must have organizational and planning skills
- Must meet deadlines assigned by the board in regards to scheduling judges
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the activity and the judging system
- Ability to think on his/her feet
- Ability to deescalate potentially intense situations
If you are interested, please send a letter of intent and current resume to RMCGA.Secretary@gmail.com by June 26th, 2016.